Consultation is mandatory under the work health and safety legislation in all states.
Consultation is considered a basic way to reduce work place injuries. Penalties for not consulting can be up to $20,000 for individuals and up to $100 000 for body cooperates.
Do you consult in your workplace?
- Do you have an effective system to consult with your workers?
- How frequently do you consult with your workers?
- Does your safety system outline your consultation process?
- Is this consultation methods communicated to your workers?
What can you do to demonstrate effective consultation in your workplace?
- Share this safety alert and establish agreed consultation arrangements
- Discuss any activities with a safety risk
- Discuss any proposed changes activities with a safety risk
- Discuss any decisions or changes to safety procedures
- Discuss the amenities and facilities provided for workers
- Document your consultation arrangements in your safely system
- No safety system, download systems on a shoestring